|author||Kees Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2017-12-12 11:28:38 -0800|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>||2017-12-17 14:26:25 -0800|
Revert "exec: avoid RLIMIT_STACK races with prlimit()"
This reverts commit 04e35f4495dd560db30c25efca4eecae8ec8c375. SELinux runs with secureexec for all non-"noatsecure" domain transitions, which means lots of processes end up hitting the stack hard-limit change that was introduced in order to fix a race with prlimit(). That race fix will need to be redesigned. Reported-by: Laura Abbott <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reported-by: Tomáš Trnka <email@example.com> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org Signed-off-by: Kees Cook <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 files changed, 1 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/fs/exec.c b/fs/exec.c
index 156f56acfe8e..5688b5e1b937 100644
@@ -1339,15 +1339,10 @@ void setup_new_exec(struct linux_binprm * bprm)
* avoid bad behavior from the prior rlimits. This has to
* happen before arch_pick_mmap_layout(), which examines
* RLIMIT_STACK, but after the point of no return to avoid
- * races from other threads changing the limits. This also
- * must be protected from races with prlimit() calls.
+ * needing to clean up the change on failure.
if (current->signal->rlim[RLIMIT_STACK].rlim_cur > _STK_LIM)
current->signal->rlim[RLIMIT_STACK].rlim_cur = _STK_LIM;
- if (current->signal->rlim[RLIMIT_STACK].rlim_max > _STK_LIM)
- current->signal->rlim[RLIMIT_STACK].rlim_max = _STK_LIM;