Diffstat (limited to 'init')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 17 deletions
diff --git a/init/Kconfig b/init/Kconfig
index b77c60f8b963..11b803b45c19 100644
@@ -2262,25 +2262,8 @@ config MODULE_ALLOW_MISSING_NAMESPACE_IMPORTS
If unsure, say N.
- bool "Enable unused/obsolete exported symbols"
- default y if X86
- Unused but exported symbols make the kernel needlessly bigger. For
- that reason most of these unused exports will soon be removed. This
- option is provided temporarily to provide a transition period in case
- some external kernel module needs one of these symbols anyway. If you
- encounter such a case in your module, consider if you are actually
- using the right API. (rationale: since nobody in the kernel is using
- this in a module, there is a pretty good chance it's actually the
- wrong interface to use). If you really need the symbol, please send a
- mail to the linux kernel mailing list mentioning the symbol and why
- you really need it, and what the merge plan to the mainline kernel for
- your module is.
bool "Trim unused exported kernel symbols"
- depends on !UNUSED_SYMBOLS
The kernel and some modules make many symbols available for
other modules to use via EXPORT_SYMBOL() and variants. Depending